30 October 2009

Out and About

Mess rang me up today also. He said it was a beautiful day and that I should get out. I did not tell him of my lunch plans, but I did say I was going out.

After lunch, I went to pick up my last HOPWA check. It was a weird experience because it’s been part of my routine for so long. She said it was nice working with me. I told her I’d think of them in my suicide note and left.

As I was leaving, the receptionist asked if she’d be seeing me next month, like she already knew that was my last check. I told her no but as I started walking to the bus stop I wondered if the whole agency knew it was my last check. You know how people talk and it upset me a little bit, but what can I do?

I know all about burning bridges and I’m not about to raise a stink because I can always reapply for HOPWA next year. I guess the bright side is I don’t have to jump through their hoops, that’s one bit of stress I can delete from my routine.

Now I have the stress of waiting to hear from housing. I’m still on their list and my complex does accept housing vouchers. Keep me in your prayers and light a candle for me please.

No comments:

Post a Comment