14 October 2009

Majestic Theatre


I should mention we saw Mamma Mia! at the Majestic Theatre downtown. The Majestic Theatre is San Antonio’s oldest and largest atmospheric theatre.
In 1975, the theatre was listed on the National Register of Historical Places and was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1993. Designed by architect John Eberson in 1929, it is also home to the San Antonio Symphony.
Words cannot begin to describe the grandeur that is the Majestic. Recently restored down to the aquarium in the lobby. As you face the stage you can see all the intricate craftsmanship that went into building this classic building.
I remember as a child how in awe I was of the theatre and even now it manages to impress me. I highly recommend seeing a show at the Majestic just to experience an age gone by.

2 comments:

  1. I had not been to the theather in over 20 years and omg it is fantastic, if you have not been your should. thanks friend.

    ReplyDelete