14 October 2009

India Palace

Mess rang me up and asked if I wanted to go to lunch today. After checking my calendar, I said I was indeed free for lunch. We talked about places to go to and when I said Indian, he was sold.

Located in a shopping strip in the Medical Centre, the place is spacious and well lit even with the tinted windows. For a minute Mess thought it might rain. The restaurant is now located several storefronts from the previous location.

Well Dear Readers, the food is still fabulous. They have a buffet or you can order off the menu, but we headed for the buffet area, that way you can get a little of everything and give your taste buds a treat. Nothing I had was bad; my favourite is spinach paneer over a bed of basmati rice.

There were several chicken dishes including tandoori chicken and chicken curry, and vegetarian dishes as well. We were kinda surprised to see a beef dish seeing as how the cow is holy in India, but I guess Texas got its way here. For dessert I got some mango custard that just hit the spot and Mess got some fresh fruit.


I highly recommend India Palace for a nice time out. For more info, click here: http://www.indiapalacesa.com/

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for a great lunch, Chif. Yup, only in Texas would an Indian restaurant be serving sacred cow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great we now have to go so that I can try it, the only place I tried Indian food was Simi's and was very disapointed.

    ReplyDelete