25 October 2009

Mortality

Like I said before, why bother? As soon as we’re born, we’re ready to die. I am just that much closer to the big finale. And with all the advances, AIDS patients are living longer than ever, like that’s a fun fact.

Yes look on the bright side, but there’s still the gloom and doom there no matter what. Believe me I’ve heard them all; the glass is half full, lemons, make lemonade, etc, etc.


And the one that gets me is, you’ve got so much to offer. Like what, cure cancer? Or I can always write my great American novel, but I’ve got so many ideas how does one decide on one over the other?

Death haunts me. It’s the next logical step. I’ve thought of suicide for way too many decades, but I don’t have the courage to do it. I’m a wuss. Counselors and other people say it’s the coward’s way out, but I’ve talked to other people in my boat and it does take a lot of courage to pull the trigger, jump off the ledge, etc.

I actually went on-line one day to see if I could buy cyanide but they only sell it in 55 gallon drums! Someone suggested I write for a sample, it should only take a dose right? Don’t worry dear readers, Chiflado will never take the plunge; he has no cojones to do the deed.

Oh, I love this, they say no people are dying from AIDS anymore, it’s heart disease, liver failure, some kind of cancer, or a number of other things. Like that’s comforting to know.

Well that’s my Sunday diatribe. Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment