03 October 2009

Houston St Bistro

After the musical was over, my high school buddy, Purple13, took me to a fabulous restaurant almost next door to the theatre.

The Houston St Bistro is a posh almost hole in the wall. It is very theatre oriented with murals of Hollywood’s famous people from yesteryear. The menu is cute in that each entrĂ©e is named for a play or musical. She had the Cabaret which is a chicken breast in marsala sauce over angel hair pasta. I had the Avenue Q, duh! A grilled to perfection New York strip with mashed potatoes and asparagus. It was so perfect I did not even have to season it. Oh and the bread is freshly baked and my Caesar salad quite yummy.

The atmosphere was congenial and the service exceptional. They do take reservations but we got in no problem. They also have some great luncheon specials during the week. I have walked past this restaurant so many times since I live downtown and never went in, but guess what?, I highly recommend it.

Hope yall try it out sometime. Or call me and I’ll meet you there!

3 comments: