09 September 2009

A New Chapter

So I was back in San Antonio and staying with relatives until I got situated. I had to find a job, or so I thought, and I needed to find an infectious diseases doctor and see what assistance was out there for POZ people.

The doctor situation was no problem because the social worker had given me information on my medical options. I got that out of the way quickly and have been in treatment ever since.

I wanted a job because I felt I could hold down a job. The AIDS diagnosis was not a death warrent like I said, but I had to see what I was capable of. I did find a job, but only lasted about four months before I got sick and could not concentrate on my responsibilities.

What I should have done with my AIDS diagnosic, t-cell count, and oportunistic infection was to file for disability. They turned me down three times before I finally got a lawyer and got disability. I finally had a steady income that I could budget for the month.

I started visiting the AIDS agencies and getting information. I got a case manager that has been a godsend, he's a plethora of knowledge and keeps track of me. I was also able to get food stamps, while not much, every little bit helps. I'm also on public transportation and another agency gives me a monthly bus pass.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment