15 September 2009

Housing

Ah yes, the question of housing. Some of us live at home with relatives, I even tried living with two other HIV+ friends, but I prefer my privacy.

I have a fabulous apartment in downtown SA and it's very close to my doctor's office and all the major bus routes. A local AIDS agency is helping me with rent via their HOPWA (Housing Opportunities for People With AIDS) program. I filled out some paperwork and have regular inspections and I have periodic reviews.

Their main goal is for us on the HOPWA program to eventually go into public housing. And Chiflado has been on the list for four years. It is very important for us to be as independent as possible and having my own apartment is a godsend. No this is not my apartment but something I found on-line just as a reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment