26 September 2009

A Hard Pill to Swallow

It’s Saturday. I sometimes dread Saturdays only because I have to sort my pills for the coming week. It doesn’t sound like a big to-do, but it is a bother and I guess it makes me look at my mortality.

I know we all must die, comes with the package, but it seems like I was destined for something greater and I never accomplished it. Being bi-polar makes me want to stop taking them and wither away. The other side keeps on going like the Energizer Bunny and goes through my everyday routines. I like that independence because it makes me feel like I am still a part of life.

I just counted and I take a total of 13 pills for one reason or other. Most are actually psych meds, only one is for HIV. Some of these pills are taken twice a day and one I have to swallow four. Sometimes I feel like a human maraca.

And so the Bunny goes on…

No comments:

Post a Comment