13 September 2009

Longtime Companion

This is my latest longtime companion, and my last! This is what an HIV cell looks like. This is actually the life cycle of HIV as it enters a healthy cell, replicates, and goes off in search of more damage. They do look kinda cute but we know bettter.

Moral of the story, play safe, get tested, be in a serious monogamous relationship unlike mine.

I guess the good thing I can say is the medications, or cocktails available to us nowadays are better. I hear horror stories about the early AIDS days where patients had to take a slew of pills and the side effects were many. Today there are meds that can be taken once a day, they are expensive but if you're lucky, you can get assistance with co-pays.

I am currently on a cocktail of one pill, Atripla. It is a combination of two meds in one pill and my t-cells have been slowly climbing. I am also taking a powerful anti-biotic that I hope to stop taking after I hit 200 t-cells. It's only a matter of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment