01 November 2009

Shell Shock

I’m still in shock and feel a depression lurking over this HOPWA situation. I wish I could let it go but it’s like gum on a shoe. I have $15.40 and according to their formula I should have over $300 enabling me ‘to transition off HOPWA.’ What a form letter.

And then there’s the lack of empathy from my case manager. He’s there to help me out but I guess he’s also there to listen to the director and not give us any hope. And I’m not about to write a brown nose letter to that person.

And then there’s the lack of professionalism when I was asked if I was going to be back next month by the receptionist. That zinger got to me as well. It was like a bubble in a comic strip you get to read over and over again.

The good news is I get to see my counselor this week. We do get to work out issues but also manage to talk about other things to take my mind away from whatever is festering in me.

Looks like the trick was on me this year, huh? Think positive, because I am positive! Inhale, exhale, calm down relax, I know the routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment