24 March 2021

STANLEY EUGENE BOHENEK

 I don't know when I met Stanley. It was in the 80's and Sondra introduced us. There's the Fruit Fly again. Of course we became fast friends. And no, he didn't speak French.

He was older than us, maybe 5 or more years. He had a studio apartment and we could get close to 10 people. He was a great host, giving us food or booze and the occasional smoke.

He much favored young men. A typical trick would be anywhere from 16 to maybe 21 or so. I remember one memorable Fiesta, we were at The Menger of course. There was a high school band passing by and one was just his type. We met later that night and he was there with that boy.

We were at The Bonham back when it was great. We would all be dancing or boozing it up with a smoke or two. One night he was driving me home and we were at a red light. We were talking and laughing and still high. The light turned green and we stayed there. I finally said, Stanley, green go. And he thought I was calling him gringo.

He always said I was the perfect man to watch films with. 

I miss him. He passed away in the early 2000's. He worked for ATT and was always scared of being laid off. He never did. He was also in theatre and would play roles at the San Pedro Theatre, I think that was the name. One memorable role was as Ito in Auntie Mame. Me be Charlie of The Ritz.

No comments:

Post a Comment