26 March 2021

HIPPIE HOLLOW CLOTHING OPTIONAL

 I mentioned Hippie Hollow in a previous post. This is a clothing optional lakefront 30 minutes from downtown Austin. Was very popular with the Hippies in the 60's, hence the name. 

Joel took me my first time. He had a Mazda with a moon roof. He would pick me up and we'd hit I35 North. Along the way, we would stop for some booze and we would drink along our merry way. Of course we also smoked. He was great at rolling joints. He usually used a dollar bill. I never learned.

Everything about Austin is fabulous. I enjoyed the meandering roads leading the way. Lake Travi0s is gorgeous, boulders all over the place and lots of greenery, and 'hiking trails.'

One time, there was this hot guy running around with his dog, Ralph. Of course he was nude. He'd be running around calling for Ralph. So, we nicknamed him Ralph.

I was a frequent visitor when I lived in Austin. I found it cheaper to get a yearly pass. I'd buy a poorboy somewhere and had a picnic by myself. Like I said before, I worked at the George Washington Carver branch library. I got a fabulous tan. One day I met another branch's colleague. We'd been talking on the phone. When he saw me he said, it's good to see a Black colleague who also spoke Spanish. My co-workers loved it. Guess that's why I was so respected. 

Interesting story, I was splashing around and came up for some air. In front of me was a lesbian with a tattoo near her crotch. I was forever scarred. 

I think I was the only that swam out to the buoys. I don't remember if Joel swam at all. He was usually checking out the trails. 

These were great memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment