25 March 2021

ROCKY HORROR AND JEAN-MICHEL JARRE

 In the late 70's, I was still with my high school buddies. Jorge is one of my posse. We made friends with other people and a goo friend was Larry McNair.

Don't remember who brought it up, but we heard of a midnight cult presentation of a Broadway hit, The Rocky Horror Picture Show. What an absolute blast. 

The whole audience was into it and screamed out lines and singing songs. Close to the beginning, there is a song and dance number begging for audience participation. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umj0gu5nEGs

We would get up and dance The Time Warp. People used to dress up as some of the film's characters. So, we'd be dancing next to Dr Frank N Furter or next to Columbia or Rocky.

We would all drink and smoke on the way to the theater. I think it was Jorge that introduced me to Jean-Michel Jarre. Music runs in the family because his father is Maurice Jarre who won 3 Oscars with an additional six nominations.

I fell in love with Jean-Michel through Jorge. J-M's next claim to fame was his planned saxophone he wanted to collaborate with Challenger's Ron McNair. I posted that in FB a while back, for now here's his hit from Oxygene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSIMVnPA994



No comments:

Post a Comment