02 March 2021

RICK-VIRGINAL GODDESS

 I met Rick in the 70's. I was working at the MLC Library at the time. I was a Circulation Supervisor and he was a part-time student assistant.

Gurl, you could tell he was a faggot from the get-go. Of course we hit it off. We used to go clubbing and we'd dance the night away. He lived on Vestal St and we used to say he was a Vestal Virgin and that became a joke between us. He was a virgin and so was I.

We used to watch Jeopardy! at my house and we knew all the right questions. I remember taking the bus to Main St where all the bars were. 

Anyway, we came across this fantabulous song that was all about me. Of course they played it at the bar and we'd dance. He tried to sing it in French or tried his best.

Rick was a cherished friend and I loved him to death. Somewhere along the way he developed a drinking problem. I lost track of him when he started drinking heavily.

I've searched high and low and nada. I never asked him, but later, I looked under Ricardo, Henrique, and others, but I cannot find him anywhere.

I came across my song at the time, and I always remember him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfoKoF4o6tU

Another Rick song. We used to call him Ging because of the red hair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPYZpwSpKmA



No comments:

Post a Comment