10 June 2010

Recuperating

Okay, I'm finally at a point where I can catch up with everyone out there. My procedure went okay. I walked to the hospital Monday and took my meds, a list of them, and my DNR, Living Will, and Power of Attorney. Everything's on file now at the hospital. The admissions clerk actually remembered me from my April operation.

The nurses were equally nice. They didn't even look at my meds, they looked at my list and updated what was in the system from April. They gave me a 'you poor thing' look when I told them I was there alone. Hey I'm a big boy, I can handle things on my own. I did ask them to call D when I was ready to go home.

Of course I don't remember the operation. The RN gave me a sedative that knocked me out quickly, I don't even remember being wheeled out. Next thing I knew I was in recovery. I just wanted to leave. They gave me crackers and a 7-Up to settle my stomach and to help the healing process.

D and her husband picked me up when I was ready. Turns out they were at another downtown hospital visiting her mother-in-law who was admitted with heart problems. They invited me to dinner because they hadn't eaten yet, but I just wanted to come home ASAP. I did ask them to take me to Mickey D's for a burger which was so good after my liquid diet. The nurses actually expected me to come home and have soup or jello. I'm not a fan of Mickey D's but that burger was the tastiest burger ever because of the liquid diet.

Tuesday morning I went to the pharmacy to get my script filled out for pain killers. I love this pill, it knocks me out, so I'm pretty much taking them at night. I'm not in much pain, just discomfort, Chiflado is very delicate and should be treated with kid gloves at all times. Tuesday was pretty much a blur as I just slept through most of it.

So that's about it. I'm almost back to normal, that is normal before the operation. I don't think I'll ever be normal like before HIV came my way.

Thanks for your support.

2 comments:

  1. Hope ya feel better soon. Your in my prayers Chiflado. Like your blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you Chiffie! And please, no more elective proceedures. You're the only person I know that is having all of these plastic surgeries to look like Michael Jackson. Stop the insanity!

    ReplyDelete