05 June 2010

Gall Bladder Update

Well, it got yanked out and all the stitches finally healed. Now I have to adjust my eating habits. Gone are spicy foods and fried foods. For some reason, everything I prepare at home turns my stomach, so I've been slowly cleaning out the fridge and cupboards. I mean even smelling a spice will give me a gag reflex.

I'm pretty much down to boiling pieces of chicken tenders and potatoes for lunch followed by my crackers and 7-Up dinners. I manage to eat at Sunday group and not have problems. I do okay with restaurant foods and buy sandwiches at the store that don't give me any problems.

The other biggest change is no vomiting. After over 40 years of vomiting I don't anymore. I feel like that's a major accomplishment.

My tummy is just more delicate now and I guzzle on my bottle of Maalox at least once a day. And I need to talk to my doctor about renewing my script for marinol, which really does work wonders for a bad tummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment