02 June 2010

Ladies Luncheon

Went to lunch with Purple 13, haven't seen her in a few weeks. She brought co-worker R along and we met up at Blanco Cafe. I had the green enchiladas because they're a 'safe' food for me, my stomach can tolerate them, they're not spicy just tasty. P13 says I ordered them because I'm a creature of habit. The woman has known me for over 30 years. Oy vey!

Anyhoo, P13 had promised to sign my Living Will and Power of Attorney, which she did, thank you. Turns out R used to work for an attorney so she was familiar with the forms and volunteered to sign them as well which I thought was nice of her, considering I've only seen her three times. I guess I made a good impression.

Being the needy person that I am I also asked P13 to write out my rent check for me. My penmanship is just so bad because of the tremors, I can't read my writing sometimes. My niece B says it's my father's writing and he had a palsy.

P13 did say she could lose 25 lbs like I did and I said sure, just have a colonoscopy, have a gall bladder removed, and find a tumor. I did forget to mention my crackers and 7-Up diet. For dinner when my tum's in turmoil, I'll just eat some crackers and that will make me feel better. And nothing like a 7-Up, except a Big Red!

So overall I had a very productive day. I had emailed my case manager to set up an appointment to take care of these forms, but I called him when I got home and set that up. I also took my meds which I had meant to take before lunch, the important thing is that they be taken with food.

Whew! I was worn out. I lay down for a serious nap after all my adventures.

2 comments:

  1. Mrs. Stephen HainesJune 4, 2010 at 1:18 PM

    i predict another ladies lunch this saturday

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is alway a pleasure having lunch with one of my most loved friends. I am glad I was albe to help out. You know my love anything for you. Will get together again soon. love u....

    ReplyDelete