24 February 2021

JOEL AND FRENCH

As most of you know, Joel was my high school sweetheart and best friend. He chose me to fall in love. I was hesitant for some reason, but I quickly changed my mind. The best thing was that he was my best friend. Mom and Eva taught me that the best relationship is with a friend. 

He looked up to me. I was 6'2" and he was 5'9". He wanted to be like me, but that is impossible. 

When he graduated, I took him to SAC and went through the whole enrolling process with him. We had several courses together and it was great to have someone with me.

Of course he wound up taking French with our favorite professor. He picked it up easily. 

One memorable Fiesta, we were at The Country, the bestest gay bar ever. We were on the dance floor when we heard a familiar tune. We stopped in our tracks and listened. Were we that drunk or stoned?

It turned out, we did hear what we thought. An early gay anthem in French. We instantly loved it of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhFU16MEtR4

Another memorable Fiesta, we went to NIOSA. We went by the French section and we had escargot and some wine. I was coerced to sing, and the only song I knew at that time, was Et Maintenant.

I got applauded and then they played to Can-Can and we danced the the dance. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9DRkpeSVjs

No comments:

Post a Comment