20 February 2021

JEOPARDY!

 I have been watching Jeopardy! since the 60's. Art Fleming was the host and everything was so bizarre. The clues were slid open to reveal the answer.

Dad was always surprised that I knew so many questions. I'd say I was born smart when I should have said it was because most gays were smart. To my library friends I said I learned it through osmosis. 

One day I was driving around with my handsome nephew. He mentioned something about Jeopardy! And he said it's probably one of my favorite shows. I hadn't seen it in years and I started watching it again.

The answers have gotten easier in my old age. I do remember back in the 70's and 80's, I would watch it with my friend Rick. We always got the correct question. I've lost track of him somewhere along the way.

Now I just watch it by myself and do quite well.

Joel, I almost forgot about him. He used to watch because he had a thing for Alex Trebek. He was quite the hottie with his moustache. We were devastated when he cut it off. Joel was always amazed at my knowledge.

I am not much of a fan of Ken Jennings, the current visiting host. His claim to fame is that he is the winningest contestant ever.

No one can replace Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment