22 February 2021

FRENCH

 I think everybody knows I'm a Francophile. My love of French began in 1963 when my beloved Piaf passed away. I heard La Vie En Rose and I was hooked.

I was an avid fan of Pepe Le Pew and Miss Piggy, LOL. Back in the 60's, I remember watching La Belle et La Bete. We used to go to the Alameda theatre on Thursdays because that were two films that played that night. They also played other foreign films, so I got to see Italian, French, and Spanish.

1980, a year that was a turning point for me. I finally took my first French class. It was so simple. I caught on quickly. I also met the greatest group of friends. So we had each other to practice with.

I've actually been able to use it several times. In Austin I was able to read a Langston Hughes poem in French. I think I said that before.

Alas, those friends have all disappeared. The only one I have is Clyde. He's the best. 

And speaking of Claudia, here we are:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmEpAmFrATo  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmEpAmFrATo 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment