12 December 2009

Beating the Blues

Doncha just hate this time of year? It’s a depressing time of year to begin with and then Hallmark throws in all these special days. I wonder if they have an Our Lady of Guadalupe card?

And the weather certainly hasn’t helped much. Okay it’s not as bad as Michigan and I don’t have to shovel snow, but it’s been steadily cooler than average. Today is a dreary day so far and I got my errands out of the way early. Like I have such a busy schedule.

For some reason, I have been winning the battle against the blues. Luckily I haven’t heard a single carol as of yet, the closest I’ve gotten is Greensleeves or The Dance of the Flowers on my Parisian jazz station.

I refuse to focus on the holidays and I guess I’m on a good combination of drugs that’s keeping the beast at bay. It’s just another day I keep telling myself.

2 comments:

  1. you are feeling better because I prayed and lit a candle to our lady guadalupe mendoza deluna santiago bernstein, who is also celebrating hanukkah in mexico with her in-laws, who have a time share in Puerta Vallarta. She is relaxing with a pitcher of Hush Puppies and several hefty bags of nervine in agricultural form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did someone say a pitcher of Hush Puppies? I'm there!

    ReplyDelete