01 March 2015

Joel

Today would have been Joel's 53rd birthday. He was my high school sweetheart. He died ten years ago. I miss him.

He had AIDS also. I still remember when he told me. We went to the movies and he told me in the parking lot. We didn't see a movie. He cried so much and we promised to be there for each other.

When he passed I was in Michigan. I got a call from his boyfriend and we arranged his funeral. I promised to go. Joel and I had promised to be there for each other's funerals.

Steve did not let me come down. That really pissed me off. I should have come down.

Joel was only 16 when we met. It was love at first sight. We went to the zoo with some friends that Saturday. He was a real gentleman. When he'd come over he'd talk to my Dad and would tell him what we would be doing and when he'd have me home. My Dad really liked him.

I still go by the Japanese Garden in Breckenridge Park where he carved our initials. They're still there. We were together only two years but we were life long friends. It's always best to love a friend.

I wish he were there when I found out about myself. He would have taken care of me like I took care of him. I will hopefully seen him soon.

Chiflaco out.

No comments:

Post a Comment