29 December 2010

Why me?

I had a great day today. Enjoyed the last of Stella's biscotti and waited for my nurse to call. She says my wounds are coming along just fine. One is scabbing and the other still drains a bit.

Later today, I was trying to nap in the recliner. I got up to go to the bathroom. What I didn't know was that both feet were asleep and when I got up, I hit the floor. It took me a while to get up. Jean Luc came up and asked what I was doing at his level. Smart Alec.

B came by to leave me something. And I told her about my latest trip. How can I explain these falls? My doctor ran a battery of tests in November, and they didn't show anything out of the ordinary.

D was coming over to drop some litter for JL. So I'm walking across the lobby when I fell yet again! And she says I need that walker asap. Actually I'm waiting for a supplier to contact my insurance company. I've called only to get the run around. I'm calling them again tomorrow.

I'm so afraid to go out but I have to do things and I do not want to depend on anyone. So, I fall all over downtown SA and then I have a few in my apartment.

We're thinking of getting me a provider or care taker to basically baby-sit me. I just do not want to rely on someone. I need to talk to my case manager and see what we can do.

Chif Out

1 comment: