31 May 2010

'Bout Last Night...

I did something I hadn't done since my sister passed away, I cried myself to sleep. I couldn't help it. I was just surfing the net, minding my own business. I don't know what triggered it, but the tears just started flowing.

Granted I have something to look forward to next week, and I've always considered myself a strong person, but it's still there. I will walk to the hospital and check myself in and they will take a piece of my colon as HP so calmly put it. Well that's a whole different subject, since you put it that way, I can relax some!

I didn't even enjoy playing with my dolls. My nightly routine is shower and then play on the net until HP calls. Part of the routine is taking 11 pills which I call dolls, as in Valley of The Dolls, and I start popping pill after pill in the same order every night. For added panache I have a glass of wine to really enjoy the moment.

Last night just didn't do it. It was a Kleenex night and the only good thing I can say about it was I had no difficulty falling asleep. Even Jean Luc knew something was amiss, he kept his distance and didn't make a sound. That cat is one smart cat.

On the bright side, I got my DNR signed. Tick, tock, tick, tock...

1 comment:

  1. sometimes a good cry is the best medicine of all
    I hope you feel better today and please know that you are in my prayers as to your upcoming surgury

    ReplyDelete