20 January 2010

Mental Health Day

I went to therapy today although I really shouldn’t because I’m in a good place right now. We talked about Jean Luc and how my life has changed in the week that I’ve had him. Dr K did notice the scratches on my hand and I did mention he will get a manicure.

It is kinda scary being in a good place because I don’t know how long I’ll be here. I’m just taking one day at time. We also decided I don’t have to see her as often because of that.

JL update: he’s doing great. He’s very sociable. When the guys came over to pick up the plants he came out and greeted them. He also got used to the collar real quick. In the past, when I’ve had cats they’ve seemed perturbed by the collar and bell. But not my new roommate. If he’s not on the computer chair, I just have to listen to see where he’s stretching out.

He does sleep with me of course. And in the morning he lets me know he wants his Brita water, fresh from the fridge. I’ve never seen a cat drink so much water, I hope he’s not diabetic. That’s all I need. I give him enough food to last the whole day. I did find out he likes croissants though. I got some from the food bank for breakfast and I gave him a bit to calm him down and he ate it up and likes to lick the plate when I’m done.

I can’t believe I’ve become a cat person, but my hands are loving proof that JL has won me over. I did ask the rhetorical question if cats can get AIDS from their human. I hope not. It’s bad enough that I have to worry about feline AIDS and leukemia, I just don’t want to worry about something else.

2 comments:

  1. sylvester wants to go have croissants with jean luc

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you are feeling so damn good UPDATE YOUR BLOG!

    ReplyDelete