04 February 2014

Volunteering

I just can't get it out of my system. My major career was in libraries, first as a student assistant and then moving on to circulation supervisor. In Michigan, I was in the order unit eventually winding up as a supervisor.

Well, I started volunteering at the public library. They have a book store in the basement and I was shelving to my hearts content. Somebody did ask me for help and I found what he was looking for. Something you never forget.

I did find some duplicates and showed them to the manager. She only wants one copy of the items on the shelves. I also labeled some books without call numbers. I had a blast. I'm looking forward to my next day.

I was exhausted afterward. Duh, I haven't done any work in over 9 years. I came home and took some Tylenol and laid down for a bit. Next time I'll take some before I go and wear my knee brace. I did leave with a limp. I love to push myself.

Chiflaco out.

No comments:

Post a Comment