16 May 2021

YOU'RE AS WORTHLESS AS AN OLD CHANCLA!

As soon as Sondra said this, we all knew exactly what she meant. Chanclas are those cheap flip-flops one could buy at Walgreen's for a dollar.

For some reason, they always broke when one least expected. Or they were a little used and they tended to fall apart.

Back in the 70s, I came across a lot of my baby stuff. Mom was a hoarder and I found boxes of my early life. Among the treasures, I found a baby huarache. 

I loved that huarache. I always had it for show. We were looking at family photos one night and we came across a photo of me wearing the huaraches. Sondra loved it.

It followed me on my adventures. Last month I finally got a provider, a person who cleans the house, laundry, and runs errands. 

Hortencia is my provider and she is awesome. Barbara is amazed at how different my home looks. 

I felt something was awry and I noticed my chancla was gone! I looked all over but could not find it. It was gone. It was a family heirloom and irreplaceable. 

C'est-la vie.



No comments:

Post a Comment