04 June 2012

Adoption

I am adopted. How's that for a blog?

My parents did not want to hurt my feelings. They told David, one of my exes. And they told D. When I was in Michigan, she said my parents had told them the whole thing.

I was adopted as a newborn. My birth mother lives or lived in Houston. If I'd known, I would have looked her up when I lived in Houston.

Except for my sister and her daughters, I felt like I was an outsider. That explains a lot. That explains why my brother hated me. Once I asked my other sister for a recipe. She said it was only for family not for me.

I'm still marinating the news. I'm at a loss for words, me of all people. I've been wanting to change my name since elementary school, now I have a reason. I'm gonna get the ball rolling and get my ducks in order.

I still have my fabulous nieces as family. We've been through a lot. They are both family and friends. I love them very much. I just wish I'd learn this earlier.

Still cannot believe they told David. I guess since he was my main squeeze at the moment he would tell me. He did tell me but I just blew it off. He did not like how my family treated me. He got to go to one of the family events and we were by ourselves along with Veda our Afghan Hound. Again the outsider.

Well, that's that. I have a lot of issues to deal with and I will bring it up with my therapist. Hopefully I'll get some questions answered.


Chiffie out.

No comments:

Post a Comment